Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cake time!

Work has kept me very busy lately, but last month I had a request for a cake order for this weekend.  I haven't made a cake in a long time so I was thrilled to say yes!

This was for a friend of mine's little boy's 8th Birthday.


 
When my friend asked me to make this cake I immediately went to google.com and searched for ''fire truck cake'' and came upon this link HERE.
I didn't really like the smooth iced look so I opted for the star tip technique.
 
I wasn't sure how many kids/people would be at the party so we decided to make cupcakes to go with the cake.
 






















I put half yellow/ half orange icing in a bag to get the swirl effect.  The toppers are made from candy melts. I printed a couple of flames and traced them onto waxed paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment